Monday, May 30, 2011

Holiday to - Montville Country Cabins March 2008


Montville Country Cabins

Friday 7th March

To

Monday 10th March 2008

7th March, Paul came and picked me up from Tafe at 11:30am and we were on our way to Montville. We arrived at 1:40pm and I paid the outstanding accommodation. I hope that for the amount I’m paying it’s gonna be worth it. $260 per night.

Well, it’s not worth what I payed for. We didn’t even get any complimentary gifts. The spa is too small. There’s mould in the shower, there’s soo many cobwebs inside that’s its just ridiculous. Anyway, on a better note, well funny actually, they have three ducks here and they just wander into your house when they want.

After we settled in we went out to Settlers Rise and I bought 2 bottles of Port, 1 white and 1 red. From there we drove into Montville and I bought 2 more ports, 2 whites and a red. Oh I also bought some chocolates to have with my port. For tea we made hamburgers, they were yummy.

Tomorrow arvo at 3pm were getting a massage each. It’s 1 ½ hours long (full body). That’s gonna cost $220. so I hope that’s not gonna be another waste of my money.

8Th March, Last night I was so tired but I had a hell of a time getting to sleep. We got up at 7am and pottered around for a while. We fed some kookaburras and 2 currawongs, there was also 2 magpies. You could hand feed one of them. I didn’t feel like eating any breakfast, but buby had a toasted bun with an egg on it.

We left around 8am and I wrote a note on the white board at reception saying fire wood for Rose Gum please.

Our first stop we made was to Melany and I got a chicken and salad sandwich, from there we drove to a local spot. It has beautiful rock water falls, and since Melany has had a lot of rain recently there was soo much water. It was really pretty. I decided to get my feet wet and omg the water felt like ice. After that we were driving back towards Montville when we saw a woodcraft festival, so we drove in and had a little look. I saw a beautiful little jewellery box for $22 so I bought it for my Grandma, I know she’ll like it a lot. From there we went to the tea house. We has raspberry scones with strawberry jam and cream, and some earl grey tea. I wasn’t fussed on the seeds in the scones. The tea was great though.

We had an amazing view from our table. We were looking out towards to ocean and over the Gold Coast, it’s always beautiful up there.

From there we drove into Montville and I went to Chocolate Country and got all my coffees. Now were sitting on the balcony waiting for our massage.

Tomorrow we have to go and get some more wine, were going though it nicely. I don’t care though, as long as were enjoying our selves.

When we got home we saw that my note had been rubbed off the board so, you could assume that the wood had been delivered, well, guess again. So out again to reception to ask, and the guys excuse was that ha had to drop his kid off to the coast. And have a guess how much I cared….I DON”T.

For the amount I’ve payed you would think that you would not have to ask for anything, have it all done ahead of when you arrive.

Well we had our massage and it was fantastic. It was worth the money.

For dinner tonight were having hamburgers again, but I love hamburgers, baby’s cooking up the rest of the sausages, not that we have many left. We fed to many to the birdies lol.

9th March, We didn’t cook breakfast this morning, we decided to eat out. Paul had eggs, bacon, tomato and toast with a hot chocolate and I had a caramel late and fruit salad. The service there was sad, we waited 35mins for our food and we got our drinks after our food…

After breakfast we went to the fudge shop and I bought some chocolate fudge for Erin and some caramel fudge for Danielle. (Two friends from Tafe). I also bought some body glitter crap to annoy Paul with. I said I was gonna put it all over him and he had a little tantie, he hates glitter.

After that we went into this really nice shop that had little nick nacks and silver stuff. I bought 3 relaxation cd’s from there. One was of Africa and the other 2 were of Birds and rainforest things. I bought my self 3 nice bracelets and a lovely black glass beaded necklace. Paul bought me these lovely green earrings with a matching necklace. It was a very thoughtful gift.

We had lunch at Camphor cottage. We got a pot of earl grey tea and garlic bread to share. For our main we had king prawns. They were on a bed of rice and salad. It was a good lunch. $60.

After we got home and relaxed for a bit we went for a walk around the lake and Paul finally caught a goanna. He’s been trying for a while now to catch one. It was really nice, I got to touch it, it was all scaly and its skin was peeling. It rained on up while we were walking, well it actually pored down so we had to take shelter under the trees. We saw two tawny frog mouths roosting in their tree but they were to far away to take pictures of.

Paul’s cooking up a lamb roast for dinner. He’s building a fire in our fire place at the moment. I’ve been feeding the ducks lettuce and I thought I’d give them the rest of it since it’s starting to look really sorry for its self lol.

Well the roast was the best he’s ever made. It was soooo damn good, I hope he can cook one like that at home.

Well all and all the accommodation was pretty sad but we really enjoyed our stay very much.

http://www.montvillecabins.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment